Global Boutique Executive Search firm are looking for a Research Associate to join a close knit team. They specialise in roles in Investment Banking and Investment Management.
You will gain exposure to the full recruitment cycle from day one across a broad range of markets and geographies. Starting as a Researcher you can progress with the aim of moving towards being a Consultant with experience and knowledge gained in the sector.
Based in London and possibly secondment to the New York Office.
Research and develop an understanding of specific project driven products and markets;
• Identify, profile, source, reference and vet relevant individuals, via online research, phone and in person, in conjunction with building market knowledge and mappings;
• Create client ready documents / products including candidate profiles, org charts and company overviews;
• Develop comprehensive market maps, competitor analysis and pitch preparation on a specific sector/product area;
• Develop the ability to assess and present a view on individual candidates;
• Develop an ever-expanding network of market contacts with whom to exchange views and intelligence on the broader market;
• Assist consultants and partners with candidate management and client liaison in order to develop a more advanced skillset to facilitate progression to consultant level;
• Circulate and maintain within the database relevant articles and market intelligence to specific areas of the business;
• Database management;
• Online research and networking.
Preferred experience below:
6 months – 5 years’ experience working in a professional or corporate environment, preferably within Executive Search, Management Consulting, Financial Services or Sales;
• Strong academic record;
• Some basic knowledge and a strong interest in financial markets;
• Proficiency with Microsoft Suite of software tools (Word, Power Point, Outlook, Excel, etc.) along with the ability to learn the firm’s internal database system;
• Self-starter, ability to operate independently and proactively;
• Willingness to travel and to work in New York for up to four weeks at a time is essential;
• Willingness to relocate to New York is not essential but would be a bonus