We have a unique opportunity for a Business/Commercial Assistant to join the head office of a leading retail group. This newly created position will test your commercial skills to the limit and is perfect for an individual looking for a challenging and varied role.
The main objective of this role is to be the liaison between the dedicated and heavily involved Chairman and the various teams within the organisation. The scope for this role is enormous and suits someone who is excited to get involved with all the details of the business, working on a variety of exciting projects. This is a unique opportunity and needs an individual with drive, a solid business acumen and excellent writing skills.
Involvement as a Business/Commercial Assistant will include various responsibilities, including:
- Overseeing the timely preparation of the Chairman’s business reports.
- Assisting with writing speeches, creating company communications and any presentation documents needed for company events.
- Preparations for business meetings and board meetings as well as itineraries for business trips.
- Researching and assisting the investment team with projects on potential areas for investment.
- Undertaking research projects for potential new ventures.
- Monitoring customer feedback, establishing any trends and ensuring, if necessary, any further action required is carried out.
- Liaising with all retail teams and having your finger on the pulse of current market trends.
The ideal Business/Commercial Assistant candidate has:
- Prior experience assisting an entrepreneur in a commercial HQ, including experience of diary management and stakeholder liaison.
- A hands-on attitude, with a willingness to jump in to any task when working to a deadline.
- A self-started with a detail-oriented attitude and a cool head for figures.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills with an advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Resilience in the face of ambiguity with the ability to multi-task and get things done.
- The ability to provide stability within the organisation, preventing any business issues from going under the radar and being the main point of call for up to date company information.
If this sounds like you, please apply now!