View this email in your browser
It’s our 18th Birthday!!!
So we are celebrating 18 years of the Attic this month! We started off in a tiny two person office above Warren Street Station and through a lot of determination, laughter, tears, four children and many (not too many) talented staff along the way, two recessions and now a pandemic, we are still here and going strong(ish)! We started off recruiting Office Managers and PAs and have over the years branched out into new areas including finance, HR and household roles. We have certainly had many ups and downs like any small business, but we think this has undoubtedly been the most challenging time for Attic. Of course recruitment has been hit big time with the pandemic and just as we saw things beginning to trickle in, the nation has been told not go to the office again unless absolutely necessary and so things are quietening down again but what can we do?
What we all HAVE to do is practise patience, practise resilience, work hard and persist. Look for the good things of which there are many. We may not have as many open roles but we are making lots of great connections and having lots of conversations, so we are raring to go when things take an upturn, which they will!
It is mental health day tomorrow so remember to reach out to your friends and family and say Hi to someone you don’t know.
The early years.
Getting your LinkedIn profile to STAND OUT
Looking for a new job is always hard but when we are currently dealing with one of the toughest markets in recent history, it’s even harder so making the most of your LinkedIn profile could be a real help and may make a difference. Here are some tips:
- Update your introduction – Always good to refresh your profile picture, and include your industry & location in your introduction
- Write a strong summary – This is the first section that everyone will see so you want it to catch people’s attention. Use it to showcase your skills and show how you can add value in a particular job or industry
- Use keywords – By using relevant and targeted keywords you can increase the visibility of your profile. Use words or phrases that recruiters or companies might search for and weave them into your job titles, headlines, skills, and summary sections
- Add visuals – to help showcase your achievements add media such as photos, videos, presentations, and websites
- Know your audience – make sure you tailor your content differently for who you are trying to reach whether it be your industry peers, customers, or executives
- Go public – This will open your profile up to a broader audience whether you are connected to them or not
Attic has been supporting Spread a Smile now for a couple of years and felt that the newsletter would be a lovely platform to share this with our candidates. As many of you remember, we had the information out at the office but that sadly seems redundant now.
Spread a Smile’s aim is to brighten the lives and enhance the well-being of seriously and terminally ill children during intensive treatment and extended hospital stays. A large part of this includes monthly hospital visits with teams of magicians, singers, poets, face-painters, fairies, therapy dogs and children’s characters, who work their very special kind of magic to brighten the lives of thousands of hospitalised children every year.
However, during these unprecedented times and with hospitals on lockdown, their visits have been put on hold. But suspending visits does not mean suspending services and they have just announced that the fun, laughter, and smiles continue through their digital channel, Smile TV, virtual visits on Smile Spaces and the Art & Craft Packs. All three initiatives are enabling the team to continue to support the most precious of children at this time and, once the hospital visits resume later this year, will provide entertainment and activities that complement our entertainer visits.
We are so grateful for your support. Thank you once again for helping us to spread smiles.
TAKE A LOOK AT THEIR WORK
Eva, a lovely candidate of Attic’s has set up at a fabulous new candle company which we would like to share with you. She is kindly offering 25% discount (Discount Code – newbeginnings) and free shipping to all of our candidates, so click on the button below
Handcrafted, 100% vegan, natural and eco friendly.
Inspired by the healing power of nature and the beauty of their local woodland in North London, they have created beautiful candles to boost your wellbeing and help you create your own rituals. We hope you like them.
If you buy through the newsletter you get a 25% discount (Discount Code – newbeginnings) and free shipping. HURRAH.